I packed up a wagon with the rest of Ricky's stuff (I'd taken most of it home yesterday) and washed his laundry since he was out of underwear. Then it was a lot of hurry up and wait. Ricky ate his lunch and then lay down to sleep.

The resident came to speak with me and just went over a few last things. He said that the EEG was interpreted as being "abnormal" but yet... No seizures. Hmm. So that's something we need to investigate with the neurologist in June. We are also supposed to go to the pulmonologist in 4-6 weeks.
Ricky slept for several hours and then the nurse finally pushed the last flush through the IV and I deaccessed Ricky's port. He was still sleepy and he lay back down while we waited for the paperwork.

The nurse brought the discharge papers and I signed off on them. I helped Ricky get dressed. He was woozy and nauseated so when he finished getting dressed, I went to ask for someone to bring him to the car in a wheelchair; it was clear that he wouldn't be able to walk down. A nurse brought him down in the wheelchair and they waited while I got the car. I helped Ricky into the car, loaded all of his stuff into the back, and we were on our way!


Ricky continued to be a little nauseated and dizzy. I think it's probably a combination of being in bed for three weeks and also the general anesthesia from yesterday.
We went to my mom's to get Andrew and then went home. I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it was to be home! I was weepy and happy and excited. Ricky took it all in stride. He and Andrew played video games. He had his meds and dinner and breathing treatments... AT HOME. Hooray!!!
3 comments:
glad he is home! :)
Hope he is feeling better! What a hard time for you all...glad he's home!
Glad to hear that you guys are HOME again!!! What a wonderful place to be! God Bless You, Supermom!
Post a Comment