Sunday, April 12, 2009

Bad day

Six enemas (five Fleets and one Mucomyst -- nasty stuff), an NG tube (Ricky did great with the placement with the help of Versed), and 1000ml of GoLytely later, Ricky has still not pooped more than just a tiny bit post-first-few-enemas.

I'm at the hospital. Ricky is so exhausted and crappy feeling that he'll only let me do the enemas. Somehow I ended up with Misty with me. She's sacked out on the cot and I'm in a recliner. I dropped Andrew off at my mom's this morning and he's still there. I am feeling incredibly guilty, anxious, and lonely.

I don't know what's going to happen next.

I hate uncertainty.

I don't remember whether I ate today.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I hope he starts feeling better soon!

therextras said...

What a tough condition! Remembering Ricky in prayer for more substantial outcome. (It's okay. I've prayed for poop before. I know how.)

Laughter will help Ricky, too. I believe.
Barbara

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails