Monday, April 27, 2009

good to be home

Sunday was a day of ups and downs for Ricky. He frequently found himself sick to his stomach, exhausted, winded, you name it. It's tough trying to get around and get back to normal after you have been in bed for three weeks. During his last hospitalization, last year, there were an OT an PT who walked him around to get him used to movement again. This time, nobody did that. He got out of his bed and left the hospital, just like that. And he's paying the price in exhaustion.

This morning Ricky had one of his big dizzy spells, the kind where he ends up sleeping for a long time. He slept in the van (with the windows down) while Andrew and I went to Petco to get litter and cat food. I did manage to get Ricky out of the van for lunch. He had meat raviolis with creamy pesto sauce and proclaimed his lunch delicious!

I went ahead and had Ricky get into his soccer uniform even though I figured he wouldn't play, because today was picture day. I figured he could at least show up and support his team, and take the formal pictures with them. That went pretty well although he was still winded and dizzy from walking around. I know it will keep getting better as long as he keeps walking around, although sometimes with the dizzy spells I wish I had a wheelchair for him, poor guy. Here's a poor quality Treo photo of the group photo taking... Ricky is sitting on the bench on the far right (in red).

Team pics spring 09 (Ricky sitting on far right)

After soccer we picked Misty up and ran a couple of errands. One thing we did is go to Baskin-Robbins. Ricky got a large Jamoca malt (6 scoops of ice cream!) and sucked it down in a hurry. Then he got sick to his stomach and lay down at my mom's for a while after we got there. Poor kid!

Once we got home, Ricky did okay. He ate most of his dinner before he felt sick to his stomach (I'm wondering if that is an after effect of Friday's anesthesia) and had a quiet evening doing his breathing treatments. He is eager to get back to school, so I made sure that he got to bed on time, or, well, nearly on time. He is not going to be doing PE for a while, that's for sure!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails