Monday, April 13, 2009

Nothing to report, really.

Just saying goodnight. Just got home. Still not a substantial amount of poop, despite one more gastrographin enema after midnight. His x-ray looked better, though, so maybe the earlier one was better than we thought.

I can't remember what I've posted already so please forgive me if I repeat. They gave him lots of Go-Lytely in the NG tube in the afternoon. His belly got distended and he was having a lot of pain which is why they decided to draw it back up the tube with the suction machine and try another enema, which took 4 hours to, err, get going.

Late in the evening he got a big headache accompanied by blurry vision. I suspect from lack of sleep. Misty and Andrew both dozed while I waited to do that last enema, and once Ricky was settled back in bed we went home.

He is still on oxygen by mask, and he still needs it. :( His belly looks awful. He can't sit upright, only lay at an angle or stand up, and when he stands up he is hunched over like a little old man. I have to help him to the bathroom and help him in and out of bed. I HATE THIS. I mean, I'd do anything for Ricky but I hate that he's going through this.

He got to have clear foods this afternoon. He had a little Jello and a little broth. He hates taking pills (or swallowing) with the NG tube in and finally did take his evening ones when he was allowed to do it with a cup of broth. The warm liquid feels better.

It is funny, when he was little I stayed with him there 24/7 when he had to be in. Now I don't really have to... Except when he's really sick I feel like I have to. I'm not working til he is over this bowel obstruction. My boss will understand; she has already made that clear.

Okay, must sleep. Goodnight.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails