Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ricky update for today

Ricky apparently slept much of the day, and missed school even though I signed the paper to enroll him.  Sigh.  Oh well.  He has been enjoying the used PS2 games that I picked up for him, and has already unlocked all of the characters, tracks, and vehicles on "Simpsons Road Rage".

Today we got there at about 3 and stayed until 8.  The other two kids and I got dinner in the cafeteria and ate with Ricky.  He had not eaten any of his breakfast or dinner and the trays were still sitting there in his room untouched.  :(  He really needs to STOP THAT.  At least he ate all of his dinner.  It was hummus and pita along with vegetable fried rice, and apple crisp for dessert.  Part of the problem with his other two meals is that they were NOT what he ordered at all.  Every day he has been having spring rolls and vegetable fried rice for lunch and today they gave him chicken legs and french fries.  I do wish we could figure out what he likes for breakfast (I thought I knew!) because he has not eaten breakfast any day since he has been in.

I remembered to ask the nurse how his O2 sats have been.  She said he had not been requiring O2 at night but other than that she wasn't sure.  I also asked about his sputum cultures, and she found out that so far they aren't growing anything but they have not been finalized yet.  I asked about his pulmonary function test from Monday and she gave me a copy of the report.  His FEV1 was 81%.  That's not great... I'm fairly certain he was at 86% in clinic two weeks ago.  So it's a good thing that he is in and getting taken care of.

Ricky's PFTs from Monday
(Click to enlarge.) Sorry about the poor picture quality! I took it with my Treo's camera. I'll scan it another day.

Okay, I am off to bed.  Stayed up way too late last night finishing a great book -- An Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imagination.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails