Our neurology consult finally came through today of all days, and Ricky cooperated with the neurologist for the neuro exam after I gave the guy a history.
There was some back and forth about whether to go with Versed sedation again for the NG tube placement, or jump to Haldol. Eventually they went with Versed, which I was trepidacious about but ended up working okay. Ricky flipped out and it took three nurses and me to get the job done, but we got the tube placed. Boy was he mad!!! I cried afterwards. It was tough to go through. :(
Not long after that, I was going to leave when I found out that the neurologist had ordered a 24 hour video EEG. So the techs came in to fit the wires and cap on Ricky and show the nurse and me how to use the camera and how to record "events". They were just finishing when the x-ray guy showed up to take a portable x-ray of Ricky's abdomen, and just as he finished, the respiratory therapist showed up!! Anyway, once that was all settled, I left to get Misty and Andrew.
We came back later and Ricky was tired and resigned, and not very happy. But it was good to see him for a little while.
I'll be there all day tomorrow and Friday. Friday his gastroenterologist is, if necessary (probably will be), doing a manual bowel disimpaction, where she'll massage the blockage down his large intestine from the outside (his belly). He'll be asleep for that.
I'm ready to collapse. Goodnight!



2 comments:
Sorry you had such a rough day! It is hard to see your baby go through all these procedures! Praying today goes better.
What a day! I'm so sorry that it has been so rough for you! I don't know how you do it?! I'll be praying for you and your sweet boy!
Post a Comment