Monday, April 6, 2009

Ricky update for today

The other two kids and I visited Ricky this evening at dinnertime after a long day. Andrew and I had taken my mom to see her surgeon for follow-up. Ricky had been calling me all day asking when we were coming but when we got there, he was fast asleep. At 5pm!

We hung around and finally went and got some dinner. Ricky woke up at about 6:30 and played one of the PS2 games I'd gotten him (there's a console in each patient room). He also ate some dinner, including rice I'd made for him, with sugar and milk. :)

Overall he seemed to be feeling rotten and discouraged, but I hope our visit helped. It must stink to be cooped up. Tomorrow the hospital is having a spring (Easter) festival but CF patients are not allowed to leave their rooms so he's going to be out of luck. :(

The hospital school teacher stopped by today and left some literature. I'll need to call there and let them know that he's on spring break this week but that I'll bring in his work for next week.

Guess that's all for now!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails