
He is NOT going home on Saturday. Probably not on Monday, either.
His PFTs today were bad, down at least 10%ish in the areas I was told about.
The resident was alarmed to find out that Ricky had not been doing his vest treatments all week (since being on the NG tube; he says it hurts to do the vest with that in). This likely caused the drop in his PFTs and his need for oxygen for several days.
It is so frustrating that she just realized this. Everyone else has known this all week.
So yeah, he can't go home Saturday. He is having more PFTs Monday and then IF those are good, he MIGHT go home on Tuesday. The resident is not optimistic about him being well enough on Monday.
I am so, so disappointed. Crushed. No Ricky home. More hospital. Delayed, or no, vacation.
This disease SUCKS.
Just feeling sorry for myself tonight. :(
Ricky was a little disappointed but mostly said... "The vest hurt me." "I was sitting down when I did my PFTs so they weren't very good." "I got dizzy when I stood up so I had to sit down." I think he's resigned already. I'm just disappointed. :(
I know the picture above looks dramatic, but it's not really. It was taken last night (Wednesday); Ricky was sleeping and Misty was just making sure he was okay. :)
2 comments:
Praying for you guys, so sad that Ricky is hurting.
I'm so sorry! I know it's frustrating for both you and Ricky!!! I'll be praying Ricky feels better so he can do his vest, and get those PFT's back up!! Ya'll are in my prayers!
Post a Comment