Saturday, July 18, 2009

Update

Becky & the kids
Us on the fourth!

Hi everyone! Sorry it has been so long since I updated.

Ricky has been in summer school so I've had to get him back onto an earlier bedtime schedule. I am lucky that he has agreed that this is a good idea. He has been really good about his treatments, etc. Speaking of which... He's getting the new Respirtech vest system! He already has the Hill-Rom version but it's old and (and analog). The Respirtech vest is digital and automated and COMPACT! We will have it in time for our vacation the first week of August! Hooray! Look at how small it is! Here is more info about how this machine helps people with CF.

By the way, Ricky is still dizzy-spell-free! We have maxed out the Topamax dose... He was on 3/4 dose and still had very occasional spells so we went up to the max we are allowed to use. Hopefully this does the trick. I am just so relieved that he doesn't have to go through those anymore!!!

Still fighting those stupid insurance battles. It seems like every other med for Ricky requires a prior authorization. It is incredibly frustrating.

Ricky's gearing up for bipolar camp at the beginning of August. This will be his fourth year going and they've had it for five years now. He missed it two years ago because he was unstable.

Guess that's it for now!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails