Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Make-a-Wish Children's Holiday Party and a little update


The kids with Santa
Originally uploaded by Beckerbuns
Every year the volunteers from the Greater Bay Area chapter of the Make-a-Wish Foundation throw a holiday party for the wish kids and their families, complete with gifts for all of the kids, games with prizes, a caricature booth, facepainting booth, balloon-bending clown, and a visit with Santa Claus himself!

(This was our third year going to this party. Ricky's Make-a-Wish Disney cruise was in March of 2006, and you can see the pictures from it here and here.)

The party was GREAT. We had so much fun, as usual! I got a lot of great pics and videos. The kids all got gifts from Santa... Ricky got an Air Hogs miniature helicopter. Andrew got a Tech Decks set. And Misty got a Go Diego Go! toy which she was totally thrilled with. Actually the only person who didn't like their present was Andrew. ;) He's just not into those. Plus he lost his voice and wasn't feeling great I think.

You can see the entire set of pictures (and videos which will be added tonight) here.

Today I am picking Ricky up early from school for his bone density test. He is supposed to have these regularly because people with CF often develop osteoporosis due to poor nutrition (caused by malabsorption) and also because he has taken Prednisone a number of times, and it can cause bone loss. I'll update about the test later.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails