Monday, December 1, 2008

final SSI exam, and housekeeping

After work today (at 1) I took Ricky to his SSI mental exam appointment. First he had a very abbreviated IQ test (this I found out because he told me and I saw the WISC paperwork and books on the desk) and then the psychologist brought me in to talk about Ricky's history, without Ricky there. We went over his birth and toddlerhood milestones and also talked about his mental health history.

So we should receive a final decision on Ricky's SSI benefits soon. I hope. I've been diligently sending them my paycheck stubs so they can see how much I make. His benefits may vary from month to month based on how little or how much I am making.

As a side note... The list of blogs we read, over to the right there, has grown and grown since I first started writing this blog. At first it consisted of other special needs kids blogs, but later it grew to all sorts of blogs. Today I finally gave Google Reader (for feeds) a try and realized that I could be reading all of these blogs over there in a much simpler way. So I've made a decision to cut down on the number of blogs listed here on Ricky's blog. From now on (once I start working on it here in a little bit) it will be a list of just the blogs dealing with special needs... CF or otherwise. If you are someone who is or was on that list and your blog doesn't fall into that category, never fear! I will still be reading your blog on a daily basis -- in Google Reader. I just want to keep the focus of Ricky's blog clear.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. :) Bye for now!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails