I've had some behavioral issues with Ricky at home and at school, but believe it or not, as opposed to two years ago, I am pretty sure that this is a teenage thing. It worries me to think about what is to come when you combine the teenage thing with the bipolar thing.
Both of the boys had spring pictures taken this week. I had them both dress up and they both had haircuts.
This past week I spent a lot of time dealing with insurance issues surrounding three of Ricky's psych meds. The situation was that Blue Cross only allows one of each of these three pills per day. And he actually takes 5, 6, and 2.5 of them respectively. So they needed a prior authorization form from his psychiatrist. This was sent in on Tuesday and they claimed they hadn't gotten it yet. So I got the doctor's office to fax it again. I'm sure they got it the first time, but whatever. Stupid heads. :(
They finally authorized him to get 90 of two of them and 60 of another temporarily (not enough for a month, but a good start) and I picked those up on Friday night. SO aggravating. Since when are insurance companies allowed to say how much medication a person should be able to take!?!?
Next weekend, the boys and I are going to Mother-Son Weekend at YMCA Camp Campbell while Misty is with Dave. I managed to get $175 underwritten by the Y due to our financial need, and my mom paid the other $75. That reminds me that I need to take a better look at their packing list and figure out what we need to buy and take! :) The cabin has electricity and there are accommodations for Ricky's medical needs and equipment, so it should be great!
Ricky starts in spring VIP soccer on the 22nd. He has done the fall version three times but never spring. He really wanted to do it, so I signed him up. :) It's from 1:30 to 3:30 every Sunday for a while.
Ricky is also in social skills group again. This time around there are kids closer to his age and it will hopefully go better as opposed to last time, when they were all a bit older and intimidated him.
Today's ENT appointment has been rescheduled for March 16. I hope we can get some answers about the dizziness. He had another bad spell last week and has minor ones on a daily basis.
And here is our biggest news this week! As you might recall (actually I'm trying to remember how much I said about it at the time), in November, the kids, my mom and I were treated to a trip to San Francisco to do a patient testimonial for Genentech's fabulous drug Pulmozyme.
This week, Genentech's annual report came out and Ricky's the featured patient for Pulmozyme. You can see his page here.
This is Ricky's second time being featured on the Pulmozyme website.
1 comment:
"Since when....?" I'm going to guess for about 20 years or beginning then - when "managed care" came onto the scene.
I have little comfort (maybe some humor) in a series I just completed on healthcare insurance.
Middle column of my blog.
I looks like a long list, but did not really start until "The Black Box".
All the best, Barbara
Post a Comment