Sorry it has been a while since I updated. A lot has happened recently. Last Friday, my mom fell and broke her right leg in two places. She subsequently had surgery followed by a hospital stay and then a rehab facility. Thankfully she is doing well there now.
Ricky had his quarterly CF clinic visit on Tuesday. He is about the same weight, just approaching 100 pounds -- gaining well for someone with CF. His PFTs were down a little so he has started back on Septra (oral antibiotic) and TOBI (inhaled antibiotic).
We go back two weeks after the appointment for more spirometry (the breathing tests) and then in three months for a checkup.
See the picture? That's Ricky's Student of the Month certificate! He was one of a handful of kids in his middle school who were chosen for this honor. I am so proud of him! So proud that I even took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate. Now that's a nice mom! :)
On Friday I took Ricky up to Stanford again... For his neurology appointment. Turns out the appointment is actually APRIL 27. Oops! :) So we'll go back next month.
Until next time...

1 comment:
Congrats to Ricky! I'm sorry to hear about your mother -- you've got your hands full, as usual, I'm sure. Thanks for commenting on my blog -- I hear you loud and clear about the insurance. It's all we need, right?
Post a Comment