Sunday, January 18, 2009

Good news!

Today (Saturday, that is... I'm up late) I opened the mail before we headed out for the day and found... *gasp* ... a check from the federal government. A very generous check. It would appear that Ricky has been approved for SSI, just like that! The check is retroactive to the application. Everyone in the know told me that he would probably be denied and I'd have to appeal the decision. But no... He's been approved. Apparently the letter explaining the decision will be coming soon.

I'm excited, I'm relieved, and I am happy. The money is now residing in savings where I will only draw upon it for emergencies. I was so nervous, not having emergency money. This takes a load off my mind!

Yay, yay!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came here from "To the Max". Your comment there was perfect.

I am almost in disbelief that the SSI system was both efficient and correct in accepting Ricky.

Barbara

Elizabeth said...

Wow. That's such good news -- and wonderful to hear in these grim economic times!

Tracy Pepper said...

Becky, that is so awesome. Happy for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails