Thursday, October 9, 2008

thought he could fool me!

A funny (sort of) Ricky story...

A few weeks ago, when Ricky started being a bit tired in the evenings, he asked if he could shower in the morning. I let him do that a few times and eventually it became routine. He would shower before the rest of us got up, since he is usually up around 5:30am. He'd dress and eat his breakfast and then watch TV or play video games.

A few mornings recently, I came out in the morning and he didn't look like he'd showered. His hair still looked rumpled from bed, for example. But he swore he was showering and I figured he must've rumped his hair laying on the couch watching TV.

Sooo... This morning, Misty woke me up a little earlier than usual, around 5:30, whimpering in her sleep. I tossed and turned a little and dozed off and on. I looked at the clock at 5:34 when I heard the boys' shower faucet being turned on. It continued for about 10 minutes... But the first thing I noticed was that it wasn't going from tub to shower. It was just running in the tub. (It's louder.) THEN I could have sworn I heard the sound of a bowl being plunked down on the counter in the kitchen. Wait... He was eating breakfast while he took a shower??? I continued to hear breakfast sounds and I realized that he thought he was putting one over on me.

Eventually I got up and got Misty up, and started Andrew moving, and then I went out to the living room, where Ricky was now playing Wii, and said, "You need to take your shower now. I know you didn't take it."

He looked at me and started to half-heartedly protest. I said, "I heard you getting breakfast while the water was running." He looked guilty. "How long has it been since you actually took a shower?" He replied, "I don't know." Gross!!!! I tried to contain my anger and pointed him to the bathroom. "Shower. Now."

When he got out, I informed him that he was losing all video games for the day and that he had lost my trust and would now have to take his showers in the evening.

The nerve of that kid! But what ingenuity! I had to chuckle, even though it stunned me. He so rarely tries to deceive me these days... But wow, when he does, it's a doozy!

1 comment:

Shari said...

ROFL--My middle son did something very similar last week. I am crying tears laughing! Sorry Mom! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails