Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Yesterday Dave took Ricky to have two of his lingering baby teeth pulled. He did totally fine! He is so proud of his teeth, carrying them around and showing them to everyone. Last night the tooth fairy (ahem) forgot to come. Hopefully tonight she comes.

Today I was home as Dave was working. I took Ricky to the gastroenterologist this morning, an appointment I made yesterday because I was concerned about his swollen belly and puffy face. Well, he is still weighing in at 85 lb. and the doc was totally unconcerned about the belly... It was soft. She was quite pleased with the weight and even told us for the first time ever that he should not have nutritional supplements. Wow! His BMI is 20; his weight is 90th %ile; and his height is 80th %ile. Holy moley! This is great news for someone with CF, almost unthinkable. She did order a blood draw (which we did today) and a belly x-ray (which we'll do tomorrow) just to confirm that things arer okay. I left that appointment with a huge smile on my face, let me tell you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails