Friday, July 1, 2005

Ricky is sick. He has had a stuffy nose for a few days and yesterday he started to sound nasally and appeared flushed.

Today I gave him Tylenol and sent him to school, but I barely got through one training at work when the teacher called to say that Ricky appeared feverish and was lethargic. When I picked him up he was sleeping and had a headache.

We went to the pediatrician. First he pulled an almost-marble-sized block of wax out of Ricky's right ear and then examined him. His lung sounded fine but his sinuses and the back of his throat were totally gummed up with thick drippy mucus (I know you wanted that visual, friends!).

The pedi called the CF doc who told him that there is really no good anitibiotic to treat these sinus things and that Ricky needed his sinuses flushed out with tobramycin, by an ENT doc. I and the pedi's nurse each called the ENT clinic and were told that they have two docs off today and no appointments available.

This really made the pediatrician mad and he called the CF doc again. She was going to walk over to ENT and see if she could get someone to see Ricky. The pedi sent us home and was going to call us later to tell us what to do. That was about an hour and a half ago.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails