Friday, February 11, 2000

Ricky's in the hospital

It's been over two years since Ricky's been in the hospital but now he is. It was sure a battle to get him there. I'll spare you all the details but say this: This is the last time I have the pediatrician manage a respiratory problem. The pulmonologist at Stanford didn't want to see him, just give us advice over the phone, which I am not comfortable with. Come to think of it we have never seen them in an urgent situation, only at our regular every 3 months appointments. Doesn't that seem a little weird?

I'm home to check email and I'm supposed to go to work but I think that can wait. This will be his first full day there. I'm not sure how long he'll be there. He's getting IV tobramycin and something else that starts with a t, something I haven't heard of before. His little roommate is a 2 year old girl recovering from viral meningitis (They say she is not contagious at this point) and they get along great which is nice.

More updates later. I work Saturday and part of Sunday so I'll be emailing again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails