Sunday, February 13, 2000

Hospital update

Ricky is doing well. Today he had an ECG (because he takes this drug called propulsid which can cause heart arrythmia... luckily it turned out fine). Otherwise it is the same as usual. He gets IV Tobramycin at 11 p.m., 7 a.m., and 3 p.m. What drives me crazy is that they do the pre- and post- blood draws with the 11 p.m. draw, so they have to wake him up. Why can't they do them mid-day??? At least I make them do finger pokes rather than full-blown blood draws.

I worked yesterday and I'm working a four hour shift today, but I got Monday off. The next day I work is Wednesday and I'm hoping we'll be out by then (and on home IV's). Right now he's with a volunteer (as he was most of yesterday since my shiftless soon-to-be-ex-husband (can you tell I'm bitter?) didn't show up when he said he would) which makes me nervous but since he's 4 he understands a lot more of what we tell him about his IV, etc.

The IV is the original one and they'll probably switch him to a PICC line which he can have at home and have home IV's which will be either good or bad... I'm not sure which...

So we're hanging in there... Just wanted to update everyone...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails