Wednesday, February 16, 2000

More hospital

Good news... Ricky has gained a few pounds since being in the hospital which is always good in a kid like him.

Bad news... he's having sinus troubles (he has dark circles under his eyes from the sinus problems) and had a sinus CT the other day. We are seeing an ear-nose-throat doc (ENT) on Friday who will probably suggest surgery. The sinus problems probably caused all the problems he's having that put him in the hospital... post-nasal drip and all.

He's had lots of CF-related tests since being in the hospital and tomorrow is a pH probe to test for reflux. He hasn't had this test in a couple of years. He's also having a body mass test which involves pinching calipers. I'm sure he's going to love that.

Third IV put in last night. The first one lasted four days, which I tell you was a miracle, the second one lasted almost two days, and then the tape over it got wet in the tub (Ricky was being very careful but sometimes these things happen) and the IV slipped out a tiny bit causing the vein to clot. d0h! Last night, though, we got the master IV putter-inner and for once it didn't take 5 people to pin him down. She
slipped it right in there!

He will be in the hospital a full 10 days, no going to home IVs after all (the docs don't think we are ready for it. HELLO I think I can handle it.) So that means we are going home Sunday or Monday. I am hoping for Sunday because we have Little Mermaid on Ice tickets for that evening.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails