Ricky is doing okay. He's had a few random bad days, being tired, not feeling well, etc. but he is actually doing great in general. School has been a struggle again (still?) -- getting him there and actually having him work. At his annual IEP it was decided that he is going to be attending half days. He leaves after four periods + lunch. But so far he's still struggling to get through the day. *sigh*
Ricky has seen most of the specialists recently. The cardiology appointment resulted in a diagnosis of... The aortic root dialation is exactly the same as it was last year and the year before. Pulmonology appointment... He is finally growing (this was also noticed by the endocrinologist at *that* appointment). His lungs are doing pretty well. (No hospitalization since December 2009!) He has been wearing his oxygen at night sporadically. Really wish I could get him to do it more consistently.
Psych wise, I've been seeing some impulsiveness and some aggressiveness. My theory is that he's having this again because he's grown and needs an adjustment to his psych meds. So we are going back to the psychiatrist in early May. Need to stay ahead of this kind of stuff.
He has also been super affectionate lately. Hanging on me, telling me how much he loves me, kissing me (on the cheek of course). He is such a sweet boy. I hate to see him growing up. But I'll take him however I can get him because I never know how much time we have together!
Ricky has a friend! Well, he has had a few friends over the years but I'm rally pleased about this one. His new friend Andrew (not to be confused with brother Andrew) is at school with him and has some of the same issues... But they also share a lot of interests. Ricky has been over there once and Andrew has been to our house twice... For hours and hours. They have had a lot of fun together. Yay Ricky and Andrew. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment