I'll try to be quick but I wanted to give a little update...
Ricky had his sleep study a couple of weeks ago and it showed mild obstructive sleep apnea but the main issue was his oxygen percentages dropping into the 70s and 80s. Ultimately the CF doc ordered that he be on 1L of oxygen at night only. The concentrator was delivered on Wednesday but he's having trouble with it because he hates using a nasal cannula. He's had an aversion to those things, or anything up his nose, since he was 4 and had to have sinus flushes after sinus surgery. He has some sensory issues besides, and ultimately, though he has really tried, I am not sure this is going to work for him. I'm going to call the CF nurse and see if we might be able to get him a face mask and do it that way. Only problem with that is then we have to crank the O2 up to 5L. Sigh.
He has basically been doing a lot better otherwise. More time in school, fewer migraines. So that's good. And hey, he spent all of 2010 out of the hospital. Go Ricky!
He has a 1:1 aide in school now. I'm not sure yet what he thinks of that. Next up: An update of goals meeting in school, and in April his annual IEP meeting.
1 comment:
I'm glad things are going well in school. I hope this oxygen thing becomes a blessing!
Post a Comment