Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ricky today...

Today I got to sleep in a little bit, because Misty is with her daddy for the weekend. When I got up, Ricky was sitting on the couch watching TV, doing this gaspy, yawny thing he does when he's not getting enough air. I asked him how he was feeling and he said that his chest was tight. Yep, time for his breathing treatment. So far that seems to have helped, but even just this little bit of trouble this morning has reminded me that things will never be easy, and that this disease SUCKS.

For now he is fine. And we just go day by day and take things as they come. I hate that life is uncertain, but I have come to realize that I need to give my kids the best life I can, and the most enriching experiences I can find, because we never know how much time we have left. Does that sound morbid?

The picture with this entry is of Ricky (in yellow) playing with some littler kids at the beach last night. We went to a geocaching event with a bonfire and s'mores. Ricky and Andrew both love playing in the sand. Ricky had some issues with the other kids... He has some social skills problems and they ended up becoming a big issue yesterday. I told him, though, that even though I was upset with his behavior, I will always love him just the way he is. He's my boy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails