Friday, February 18, 2005

I took Ricky up to Stanford to see his ophthamologist on Wednesday. We waited almost an hour to see her and then she saw him for only about 15 minutes.

Good news! No drops. And his prescription remains the same. (He has glasses due to farsightedness, astigmatism, and strabismus in his left eye that has been corrected using the glasses.)

While we were at the clinic building we also dropped by the CF clinic and got a new Acapella Choice, the new Acapella device. It's easier to clean than the previous version (Ricky's got cracked which is why we got a new one).

Also had a conversation with the respiratory therapist about the new ThAIRapy Vest, which is smaller, quiet, and easier to use. For $6,000 we can upgrade to the new machine (we have the old one, and we've been using it lately because of the Acapella being out of commission). We have insurance that covers durable medical equipment and the RT said I should conatct the Vest company to find out how to get this upgrade. I sent an email this morning.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails