Thursday, April 1, 2004

Today in the middle Andy's IEP meeting I got a call from the boys' day care center that Ricky (whom you might recall is bipolar) was wreaking havoc so Dave took off to get him. This is the second outburst in a week. May be time for a med change. He's repeating old patterns. Screaming, running away, calling nasty names, biting, hitting, punching, kicking, you name it. Right now he is exhaustedly sleeping it off as usual. Anyway, the bottom line is that the day care director told Dave that the boys can't go there anymore. I am still waiting for her to call me. I sent my mom to pick up Ricky's glasses and I'm afraid my mom's still stuck there talking to the day care lady. Poor Mom.

I don't know what we're going to do. Dave is an RN and he works three 12 hour days. So he can take care of Andy (who currently has no school) and pick up Ricky from school on the days he doesn't work. But it looks like my work schedule is going to have to change if we're going to make this work. I don't see how we'll find a day care that can take care of them. There's just no way. I can reduce all the way down to 20 hours and still maintain benefits but my income will obviously suffer. I've got to get this all down on paper and figure it out.

Well, I guess that is it for now. Definitely a week of ups and downs. But largely downs. On Wednesday I felt like just curling up and going to sleep and not waking up til this is over. Urgh.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails