
I qualified for a YWCA class on "Parenting the Child With Challenging Behavior" but it starts tonight so I really have to get my butt in gear to pay for it and get babysitting! My mom will probably watch the boys for me if I go. It is every Thursday night for six weeks so I will miss pinball league if I do sign up for it. I think the class is more important at this point if I want to prove to CPS (not that I should have to, but oh well) that I am a good parent.
I had to pick Ricky up from day care early yesterday because he wet his pants. I was pretty angry with him but eventually cooled down and explained to him that even if he's having fun, he needs to go use the potty so things like that don't happen. The problem with him is that he waits till the last minute and then it's too late. He's six years old, for Pete's sake! I know I should be patient.
When I picked him up the teacher told me that they'd run out of backup clothes for him because they'd sent him home in them so many times. I've never seen these clothes and didn't appreciate the accusation. I bet this all happened back when Rick still picked them up (pre-November). Whatever!
Today we all woke up late so Ricky was going to eat breakfast at school. The teacher there informed me that she was not trained to give medication and therefore I'd have to give it to him before I left (he gets enzyme pills with every meal because of his CF). I grilled her a bit and found out that only two people at the center are trained to give medication to children, which I found pretty alarming. At centers he's been at before nobody had to be trained. They just did it. I expressed my concern and she agreed with me. I guess I'll be calling the director.
No comments:
Post a Comment