Wednesday, May 27, 2009

CF clinic follow-up visit

Today (Tuesday) at 11 Ricky had a follow-up visit with the CF doc. I needed to do something quickly at work, so I took him there with me for just an hour. Right before we left the house, he started complaining of a headache, chest tightness, dizziness, and a stomach ache (the last one being a new thing). When we got to my work, it started to get worse and by the time we left there, he was hobbling along unable to stand. At one point he even lay down on the floor. I limped him out to the car and we drove up to the CF clinic. He had his seat back and looked like death warmed over. He was pale and looked terrible. I debated about whether I should take him to the ER instead but he started to come around as we got closer to the clinic and he was finally okay. I took him inside in his wheelchair because he was a bit unsteady, but soon he was back to himself. It sure was scary.

The CF clinic visit went fine. He has lost a little bit of weight, about 3 pounds. Not good. :( However, his lungs sounded crystal clear and his spirometry was "stellar"... Some of the numbers the best they've seen in years. His vital signs were all great too. It was interesting to have his vitals checked right after one of his dizziness episodes... Proves the lungs basically have nothing to do with what is going on. Still don't know what does, though! We do go to the neurologist next month.

We are still waiting for the Seroquel that I posted about last week. The psychiatrist's insurance auth person was supposed to fax in the prior auth form (AGAIN) today but I didn't hear from her that it was done, and she didn't return my call. I checked with the pharmacy and the prescription still isn't going through. I tried to refill his 25mg Seroquel prescription today and found out that that one had been revoked as well. ARGH!!!!! When I got home I downloaded the form to file a grievance with the insurance company. If that doesn't get us anywhere, I go to the Department of Managed Health. I had to do that two years ago when Blue Cross was denying and/or not paying for all of Ricky's hospital and ambulance bills.

I hate insurance companies. Have I mentioned that lately? Oh, probably. :)

That's it for now...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails