Sunday, December 23, 2007

the story of a boy

Okay, so this is the initial post in my new "story of a boy" blog.

Ricky is my 12-year old son. He has cystic fibrosis, bipolar disorder NOS, probably PDD-NOS, and various learning and social skills issues.

For a long time I've been thinking about consolidating my blog posts about Ricky that are in various places, into one place. So that's why I'm creating this bog, in order to do that -- and also to write new posts about how things are going with Ricky and what I am learning on this journey.

Perhaps others who stumble onto this blog can learn a little bit about what it's like to parent a child with special needs, battle the education and health systems, and things of that nature.

I wish I had something more witty to say, but for now, there you go.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails