Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Last I updated, Ricky was having some psychiatric problems. Well, these things are still going on. He was in emergency psych at that time for a week, and then was at a short-term residential facility for a month. During that time, he had home visits, and wanted to get a Build a Bear, so he “sold” me his Toys R Us gift card from MACS and bought a Build a Bear at the mall. (I will put pictures in his MACS album.)

Ricky came home week before last, but only lasted three days before he had a rage again and had to be taken in an ambulance to the emergency psych unit again. From there he was put into the children’s shelter, where he is currently waiting for a longer-term residential psych placement. In a residential setting, Ricky can get the med adjustments and therapy that he desperately needs. The placement is made more complicated by Ricky’s medical needs, which necessitate a nurse being hired.

I wanted to say that we still appreciate the cards and letters that have been sent to the boys. I do make sure that Ricky gets everything that is sent to him, so please keep them coming. I am sure that he is homesick and sad, and getting mail can only help.

Thank you all, and I will keep you updated on Ricky’s progress toward getting placement.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails