Thursday, April 27, 2006

I forgot to update you all… Bad me. Ricky came home last Friday (after 9 days) after his chest x-ray came back better than on admission (still not perfect) and his PFTs came back beautifully (86%, his best score in over a year, which makes me wonder why nobody noticed his decline til this month!).

The day after he got home, Ricky started refluxing pretty badly. This is pretty weird since he’s on an adult dose of Prevacid! It has subsided… But if it doesn’t stay away the GI has a few tricks up her sleeve.

Oh, Ricky also had a fecal fat measurement test and we’re waiting to hear about the results. It might take a while but it will be worth it since we can find out if he needs to be on more enzymes.

Andrew is doing well, gradually progressing in mainstreaming at school. I wish he could progress faster, since he is incredibly smart, but sometimes one must wait for good things.

Dave is doing well… I can’t remember if I ever shared that he got promoted to the manager of his nursing unit. Being a manager means mega stress but he’s handling it really well. I don’t know what we’d do without him.

As for me… Yesterday I experienced for the first time ever, preterm contractions. So I’m sitting here drinking gallons of water and juice (it’s supposed to help) and I’ll see the OB this afternoon to see what she says will happen next.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails