Friday, January 28, 2005

I forgot to post about Ricky's clinic appointment on Tuesday.

First of all, good news: Ricky (9 years, 2 months old) is now 141.2 cm (4 ft 7 in) tall, which is 75-95%ile, and 33.5 kg (73.8 lb), which is 50-75%ile. This is outstanding for a kid with CF. To keep up the good work, we got a whole case of Nutrin with Fiber shakes.

Not so good news: His lung function is down (I am not sure of the exact numbers). So he is starting on an Advair inhaler and we are going back for spirometry (lung function testing) in two weeks. If it hasn't improved by then he'll have 2 more weeks of Tobi. After that, if still not improved, we're looking at IVs. I'm confident that he'll improve just fine, as he always has before!

He coughed up some mucus for culturing. Ricky also had blood drawn for an igE level (measures his allergic reactions -- we'd find out if he could be growing mold in his lungs). I'm proud to say that he was very brave.

Edit 1/29/05: I talked to the respiratory therapist last night and she said Ricky's FEV1 was 63%, down from 75% last time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails