
It really went quite well, much to my relief! We had orientation and got to go to the classroom with him, where I had the opportunity to speak with his teacher (who is great) about him having CF, and gave her some literature. She'd had a student a long time ago with CF.
After a while, the teacher (Mrs. Makin) came over and asked me if there was anything she needed to know right away before she could read the literature. I just told her he'd been in the hospital a few weeks ago, could be as active as he felt like being, and needed pills. And that he might cough a little and go to the bathroom more often than other kids. We told Ricky to remind her about the pills today as it was hectic. He did, and it all went okay! He got his pills, had a great day, and said he had "a million of fun"!
Today we found out about a change in schedule. This is the first year the Kindergarten is 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (used to be 8:30 a.m. till 12:30 I think) So he eats lunch in his classroom. And the days I work, he goes to after school day care that is on campus. That will start tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment