Blog of Rebekah, mom of Ricky, 17 years old. Ricky has cystic fibrosis, bipolar disorder NOS, multiple learning issues, Asperger's Syndrome, a seizure disorder, and a connective tissue disorder.
Saturday, December 23, 2000
Ricky's ibuprofen thing
I can't remember if I told you guys. Ricky's ibuprofen levels from his hospitalization came back this week as sub-therapeutic so they upped him and told us the dosage. It will be 550 mg twice a day. That's 5-1/2 teaspoons twice a day of Motrin or generic Motrin! As you can tell that is a ton of ibuprofen, and it seems dangerous. But they are sure this is the right dosage to bring down the inflammation in his lungs due to bronchiectasis -- so it is good new for us. I went out and bought two three packs of Kirkland ibuprofen at Costco this past week -- $7 per package. Still looking for Motrin coupons because Motrin comes in a bigger bottle if you get it at the right place. I think we'll be going through a 4 oz. bottle of this generic stuff every few days, so it could get expensive!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment