
And out he came! I ended up being put under just after he came out, so I don't remember much... (Note: Date and time of this post are when he was born!)

His belly was so distended from his (later discovered and operated on) ruptured bowel and peritonitis that he might not have made it out alive if he'd been born the conventional way.

Dr. Hoffman, the neonatologist, checked him out...

X-rays were taken, and Dr. Piramoon, the pediatric surgeon, came in on a Sunday in his jogging suit to figure out what to do. :)

While Rick was with his family peering into the NICU and snapping a few pictures, my parents were with me in the recovery room. I had a really hard time waking up... I HATE general anesthesia! (But the worst part is when the nurse keeps coming in and pressing in on the uterus. OW!)

I perked up a little bit later, and Dr. Piramoon came in to tell us that Ricky would be having surgery to clean up his belly and would then have stomas sticking out of his belly for a while til he was feeling better.

The other perinatologist came in to check on me, too. :) That's Dr. Kitzmiller.

Ricky had his first surgery that day. At some point (I can't remember if it was before or after the surgery) they wheeled me in on my bed to see him. My spinal fluid had started to leak from the spinal anesthesia, so I had to lay flat for 48 hours. But I still got to see him at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment